The Idaho Public Health Association needs your help.
As the oldest, continuously functioning nonprofit organization dedicated to public health, the Idaho Public Health Association (IPHA) fights for the health and safety of every Idaho citizen through advocacy, education and research. From vaccination awareness and disaster preparedness, to health promotion and prevention of chronic disease, IPHA is your public health guardian.
IPHA cannot do this important work alone. Your support for public health has never been more important. Critical public health issues in Idaho currently addressed by IPHA programs and outreach include:
IPHA addresses these issues by:
- Lack of health insurance and/or underinsurance
- Health care reform
- Barriers to access of health care services such as distance
- The epidemic of chronic diseases such as diabetes and obesity
- The aging workforce and shortage of health care professionals in our state
- Threats of bioterrorism
- Infectious disease concerns such as pandemic flu and West Nile virus.
IPHA Board of Directors and membership includes public health, medical and legal professionals, students and other concerned Idahoans who are dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of our citizens. IPHA is a reliable source of public health information, a trusted voice in the health care arena, an educational resource to our public health workforce, and a proven convener of partners that work together to promote healthy communities.
- Linking key people and resources
- Producing science-based research and policy reports
- Providing non-partisan weekly legislative updates and action alerts
- Creating public awareness of public health issues through events such as the Diabetes Awareness Campaign and Idaho Public Health Day
- Keeping members and stakeholders informed by providing a web-based information exchange and quarterly e-newsletters
- Funding of student scholarships
- Conducting public health research
Without public health, there can be no individual health. Every Idahoan has a reason and a responsibility to stay informed and participate in the public health debate.
Your tax-deductible donation to IPHA is tangible evidence of your commitment to public health and will help ensure a healthy Idaho for generations to come, Donate Now!
Link to Case for Support Brochure formatted for printing.